Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. What age did your bub say first word?

What age did your bub say first word? Rss

I was just wondering what age your bub said their first word and meant what they said. My 8 month old is saying 'dada', among other things, but I know it's just babble at this stage. I would also love to know what their first word was!
Hi,
My little Corey - said Dada at about 5months, followed by Mama, Bubba & Nanna.
He is now 8 1/2months old and every now & then he will look at one of and say the right name.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

My little boy first said da da when he was about 6 months old. I said the word that day over and over and he learnt it instantly. He said it for about one month solid never stopping and then all of a sudden he stopped completley. Then I started on ma ma and it took 2 months for him to finally say it . He's also saying da da again and he doesnt stop. Over and over!!!
my son has been doing the dada babble for ages. he is now 10 months old and still doesn't use it appropriately so i know it doesn't count! the other week he was in the bath and i threw in his yellow ducks to play with. he picked one up, held it up and said dut! close enough i say!! he now says it all the time in the bath and he also seems to be trying to say quack! nothing else though so i don't know if that's just a fluke or what!!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

How cute, kelba! My daughter has just started to say 'mama' but I know she isn't putting the label to me as yet. I can't wait for her to start saying a few things and was just wondering when it all begins to take off....maybe it will be sooner than I think?
hi all
my bub was almost 6 months when he said mama and now at almost 7 months he can say nanny and is starting dadda. He usually only says them when hes upset or wants something then it mama all the time although he does call me dadda every now and then
kia

kia, bris

Hi Kj
My baby girl will be 7 months next week. A week ago she started saying dada and hasn't stopped. Today she said mama but only once & hasn't repeated it yet but they have to start somewhere! I hope that I forever remember the look on my husbands face when she says dada- it is one of complete happiness.
Annies mum
My 7 month old daughter said 'dad, dad' at 5 months, when she was upset one night trying to go to sleep. She has just said 'mum mum mum mum' whilst her father was trying to feed her and rejected, she has also said bubba at 6 months and is trying to say hello at the moment except its hunno...so i do believe that when they start to say words its not just babble as my daughter has clearly said these words with meaning...
Hi Kj,

My daughter who has just turned 12 months can say mamma, dadda, nan-nan, cat, duck and good-good. I think most of it is still random, but when she does something good I usually say smile "Good Girl", now when she thinks she has done something good she will look at me and say good-good. I get called mamma, dadda, nan-nan, so I don't think it makes much sense to her at this stage, but she sure is picking things up now. I don't think words take meaning till around 18 months. smile Michelle
Sign in to follow this topic