Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Temper Tantrums!! Rss

My wonderful 10.5 month old daughter has started to discover the art of throwing a tantrum
She threw 2 tantrums today, one this afternoon at nap time and one tonight whilst trying to put her PJs on.
I can't help but laugh at her but have to hold her head as she does the classic 'throwing the head back' and will then have something serious to cry at.
Silly me thought only two year olds did this sort of thing!!

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Loulou, my DD has also learn't the art of throwing trantrums she is only 7mths old. Most of the time it is when you take her out of the bath and when changing her clothes & nappy.
They can be so funny! It's so hard to keep a straight face sometimes! My DS is only 16 weeks so we arn't at the tantrum stage yet but I have plenty of practice with my neice and nephew! Fun times! lol
h well i know exactly what you meen my daughter is 6 and 1/2 mths old and she is a great one for throwing tantrums she does the whole head throwing thing to but she also yells and squeals at me i try not to laugh but you just cant help it now i have learnt to hold it in and i just giggle away to myself once they learn to throw a tantrum they never forget.
Well my angel of a daughter has just started to throw tantrums and she is 8-1/2 months old...
Most of the time its when she is getting her bum changed and also when she does not want to go to sleep....She throws her bum up and down all around the place not her head though and rolls over on me.....I was alarmed at first but now she just keeps doing it and I don't make a fuss...let's hope they grow out of it...(Well we can only live in hope) smile
My daughter sometimes gets upset when i'm changing her nappy if she was happily playing peek-a-boo or this little piggy or some such thing, But she hasn't started proper tantrums yet (touch wood) and hopefully it won't be too bad when she does. They must grow out of it, cause you don't see too many adults walking around throwing tantrums when their lunch break is over haha. Good luck to everyone.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

It sounds like I'm not the only one. My daughter who is 8 1/2 months has been throwing trantrums for a few weeks and I seem to be reacting like everyone else - laugh and ignore them. However, she has started to pinch and dig her nails into my face when she is unhappy. I cut her nails back but she is quite determined and digs in until she finds her nails. Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, what do you do about it? I make a fuss telling her it hurts Mummy and be gentle but it doesn't seem to be working???

Caroline,Vic,Charlotte

Hi Caroline,
CRY!!!! When your daughter hurts you, put her down, ignore her and pretend to cry. You could even walk away from her. Don't play or talk to her for a few minutes, just ignore her. She will soon learn, that when she does these things, no one will talk to her, or take any notice, and they don't like that. It worked for my son (now 9 months old) when he was 8 months, so it may be worth a try. Within a few days of trying this, he wasn't so rough anymore, now he doesn't pinch or grab me at all. Hope this helps you too. Good luck. Let me know if it works,
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic