Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

LEARNING TO CRAWL Rss

hi everyone, im new here!! my daughter is 9 months old and she still cannot crawl. She lies on her stomach and she pushes herself forward with her legs and buries her head to get to the place she wants to go. She cannot lift herself up by supporting her body with her arms and legs..did anyone one else have this problem???
My son was 11 months before he crawled on his hands and knees. Up until then, he did the commando style crawl along his stomach. A couple of weeks later, he was standing on his own. Then another couple of weeks and he was running around.
If you're concerned, there are some exercises you can do to encourage a better crawling style. You can push one leg up and get her to push against your hand while you extend her opposite arm forward, and then repeat on the other side. If you have a Gymbaroo or some sort of baby gym classes near you, they can show you.
If you are really worried, speak to the nurse at the Baby Clinic.

Mum of 1, NSW

Hi Autumn's mum

I'm new too. My son Joshua is eight and a half months old and he is not crawling yet - not even close. He pushes his bottom up and thrashes his head from side to side when on his stomach but that is about it. I have started him at Gymbaroo so perhaps more physical activity will strengthen his muscles and aid his development. However, he was 'slow' to hold his head up so I'm not particularly worried.

I know that he will crawl in his own time - as will Autumn. Just keep practising and - before you know it - it will happen. And then you'll really be kept on your toes!
Hi Autumns,

Don't worry, my son will be 1 on the 18th of this month and he is still not crawling although he is sitting up and moving on his bottom.

I noticed this morning for the first time that he was trying to pull himself up on the walker that my parents have at their place.

Don't worry your daughter will get there like my son.

All the best
Hi autumns mum. I did not have a problem with my son, he crawled at 6mths and walked at 9mths. Now I have a 5mth old and am quite happy for her to take her time, but she is already trying to crawl. My Niece did not crawl - she use to scoot around on her bottom until she could walk. She is now a top triathalon athelete - so it just goes to show you that just because they did not crawl until late or did not crawl at all that they will have any problems later on in life - hope this helps.

DianaT4

Like Diana my niece also never crawled properly. She went straight from the commando crawl to pulling herself up & crawling. She is now 2 1/2 and walks and runs around everywhere with no problems. I wouldn't be too concerned as all babies are different, she'll get there in her own time.

Mother of Reece - 24/01/03

I'm such an idiot she wasn't pulling herself up & crawling she was pulling herself up and WALKING!! Should of previewed it before posting - lol nevermind gasp)

Mother of Reece - 24/01/03

Sign in to follow this topic