Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

teething Rss

hi everyone!! my daughter is nearly is 9 months old and hasnt begun teething. should i be worried?
My sisters baby is 11months and has her first tooth comming through, so I wouldn't be worried. My baby has 7 teeth and is 8 months so each baby is very different.
hi autumns mum,

My son just turned one today (18th of March) and has no teeth yet but the top ones are just coming through the gums.

There is no need to be alarmed that your daughter has no teeth yet, you will be fine
Hi Autumns Mum,

My little boy is 8 and a 1/2 months and has two botom teeth. I have heard that it is better if they get there teeth later not as painful. The only prob is that they can't chew lumps, its good if you are breeast feeding though.

Shelley, 8month baby, Tas

My little girl is almost 10 months and she has her first tooth coming through as we speak.
I know it is later than some babies but it has'nt made any difference to her.
Also I am still breatfeeding, so very grateful.
She seems to be late in doing everything at this stage, some babies are.
There always seems to be something for us mums to worry about.

Kelly,Qld,9 1/2month old girl

My baby is only 2 months old and has started teething and is extremely grumpy. I wish it would wait longer.
My first son had cut all his teeth by the time he was 12 months old . I had lots of troubles trying to brush his teeth.
So maybe with the later teething you might find it easier and she might be more co-operitive in brushing them and keeping them clean.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. My son is 9 1/2 months and his first tooth has only just started to come through this week. A lot of my friends bub's started teething at 4months and were commenting about how he had no teeth yet - but I didn't worry too much as I knew they would come eventually!

Amy, NSW, 1yr old son

no my daughter is 11 months and has just cut
her first tooth. Actually my doctor told me the longer it takes the stronger the teeth will be.
My daughter is 4 1\2 months old. She has had a few very upset periods in the last few weeks where I havn't been able to settle her. I felt a litlle lump on her bottom gum and feel she is teething. How do you know for sure though?

Katijah, NSW, 4mth baby girl

You should be able to see the tooth through the gum, just a little white line. Give her cool things to chew on or a cold damp wash-cloth.

Mum of 3 under 5

Hi Autumns mum, I too wondered when my little one was going to get teeth but mine was a different situation, I had all the signs the bump on the gum and the sleepless nights and I even saw the skin breaking open with the white line it looked like it was finally here but with in a few days it was gone, and this was 3 months ago! Now my bub is nearly 9 months old and the same tooth is back again but this time it is different he is not grumpy just a little whingy at night but nothing like the last time! I to have been told the latier they get teeth the better so I wouldnt worry, he wont be gummy forever! But I have a question for the mums who have been through it is it true that bubs can get bad nappy rash with teething? This time round my bub has nappy rash and no matter what I do I cant get rid of it! Any good creams out there?

Mummy to 3 Boys

Each baby is very different, my daughter now aged 5 cut her 1st tooth when she was 8 months old. My son on the other hand aged only 5 months just cut his 1st and second tooth only a day apart from each other, one yesterday and one today smile
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They can still eat lumpy foods etc, as thier gums are effecient enough to do this, just don't go giving them a piece of steak. wink

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Sign in to follow this topic