Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Finding time to relax Rss

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get time to yourself. When I have a six month old daughter, who was born premmie with a heart murmer. A four year old, who has a problem with speach and is a bit full on at times. My other children are another son at 6 years and another at
8 years and I also have one at 15years and another
daughter at close to 17 years. My husband works
from about 6am to 7pm. I am finding that as my
daughter grows[Caitlyn] . I feel worse than when
she was born. At that time, I was in hospital in a town I did not know, by myself. Due to weather and
the hospital in town, not being able to care for premmie mums. If you know what I mean.

mumofseven

Hi mum of six,

:~ I think you deserve a medal and a weeks holiday! Just a couple of ideas that may help!

On weekends maybe hubby could take the younger children to the park for an hour.

Can your older daughter or son help you out a bit?

Maybe the 4yo could go to daycare or something similar 1 or 2 days a week, leaving you with only the baby when the kids are at school!

Just some ideas for you to read!

Best of luck, and i hope you get the break you deserve!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi IrishK67,
I agree you definately need a medal. I wouldn't be worried about a little time to relax i'd be asking for a holiday. I think your amazing, i only have a six month old son and i feel completely exhausted most of the time. I couldn't imagine trying to find time to relax with six children.
The only thing i can think of is maybe try having a bath once your hubby comes home, ask him to watch the kids for half an hour and run yourself a bath, put some music on and lock the bathroom door.It may only be half an hour but it may recharge the batteries a little bit.
Another suggestion is ask the older kids to watch the younger ones, even if they only take them outside to play for a little while at least it'll give you a few minutes of quiet time.
Good luck i hope you get at least a little time to relax.
Sign in to follow this topic