Huggies Forum

Any adive on crawling Lock Rss

Just wanted to ask anyone out there if there is a specific time frame in which my little one should start crawling?

My daugter Storm is 6 months nearly 7 and when I give her the floor time she gets really fustrated being one her belly.

I have tried everything from playing with her to puting her favorite toys in front of her and she stll wont go.

I mean she is trying but just wont tuck her knees under.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

hi!

this is really only the beginning period for crawling-some don't crawl until 9months, some even more than that. i wouldn't worry that she isn't doing it yet, but she is trying and that's a good sign. she's getting frustrated because she obviously really wants to move but doesn't know how yet. just keep giving her floor time, but do it in little bits so that she doesn't get sick of it or too bored. also, i found a good exercise with my boys was to lay baby on back, (gently) grab around shin/calf of each leg and gently push the legs up to totally bent position and then stretch them out. continue this gently. baby usually thinks this is very funny and a great game, but it's also helping to strengthen their legs. another thing to do is get behind bubs while bubs is on belly and show bubs how to move legs by moving them with your hands, while bubs pulls along with arms. also, in the same position (behind bubs) push your hands against the soles of her feet with her legs bent under her one at a time. it's a reflex for her to push off your hands, although i think this is supposed to be started earlier on (3 months?)-she may have grown out of it already.
usually bubs will get up on all 4's and rock back and forth as if she is going to take off, RIGHT before actual crawling. is she doing this yet?
anyway, this is my advice from my experiences, but just don't push her to grow up too fast, she's only little for a short while! smile
hope i've helped!
...anyway, "storm"-what a great name!!! grin

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

What fluttah said LOL.

Also there are some babies out there who just dont crawl and en up walking first.

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Hi Ankie,

What the other mums have said is right, each baby is different. Most babies show signs by 10 months. My son did commando crawl at 10 mths and then only crawled on all four at 12 mths, which is when he started to walk.

I used to encourage my son by getting on the floor with him and crawl around him making funny faces and sound. As silly as this may appear I think it actually encouraged him. My sister always calls me the crazy aunt with her kids as I do the same with her little one who has just turned one. She did say that my crazy antics helped her daughter to crawl.

Sal
they usually rock on hands and feet. my oldest son was 8 months when he started , middle one was about 51/2 months he commando crawled at first the went onto his kness. the youngets was about 9 mo i think when he crawled, they are all differnt so dont panic. assoon as they get the hang of it they get around too fast! my eldsest was crawling up the stairs within a week of lerning to crawl

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Thanks heaps on everyones advice.

Ill try everything you told me and see how I go.

Ill keep you all posted. smile

Hi Ankie
I can say definetly dont worry about your little one not crawling take in the easy times because once they start they dont stop my son crawled around 6 - 7 months and is now nearly 11months old and he is running everywhere!!! I dont even remember when I could just sit with him and play!!
Everyone is right they all do things at diffrent times, if it's early or later it dosnt matter they are all beutiful and clever in their own ways!!
Dont stop encourging though, that helps with every new thing!
Meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Thank you heaps on all your advice.

But I did find that as soon as I posted this message on the forum that my daughter (Storm) started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forwards.

may I say that she now enjoys her floor time as she has learnt to do somthing new.

thanks again everyone.

LOL.

Its just likea trip to the doctors. Your child will have you that worried that you rush up to the clinic, yet as soon as they see the doctor they are all smiles and giggles with not a care in the world smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Hi all

Just thought Id let you know that Storm is crawling but going backwards so hopefully not to much longer and we'll get it right.

smile

Hi everyone,

My daughter Abby has been rocking on her knees and now her toes for about 6 weeks. She just can't get the arms going infront of her. She can go backwards but not forwards, is this normal? She is just 8 months old and gets extremely frustrated. We go to Gymbaroo and the instructor thinks that if she's not crawling forwards soon we should take her to a physio to get checked out. Has anyone got any advice/experience with this sort of thing? If it's not one stress it's another!!

Thanks
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hi Alison

I wouldnt really worry as I have taken the advice from the other mums here and found that all babies crawl at a different age.

Storm is also crawling backwards, and I heard from my sister that her son also crawled backwards in the begining and within a few weeks was crawling normal.

I have learnt (sort of) not to worry as much theyre pretty clever babies and they work it out.

Sign in to follow this topic