Huggies Forum

Is my baby too fat? Lock Rss

Hi there Everyone,

My daughter is almost 6 months and weighs about 10kg. She is quite tall also so she doesnt look it, but has the chubby cheeks and lovely legs that go with baby fat. She has been on solids since she was 4.5mths old (a no no these days but still recommended by the World Health Organisation not to feel pressured to wait til 6mths), As she tried to intercept my fork once as i was eating to put into her mouth. She is now on three meals and loves her solids, her milk is always offered first though.

Any other Mums out there with big bubs? I was a chubby baby and so was my hubby so i guess i can't expect anything else, plus someone told me one case of gastro or once she is mobile and all that extra weight will be gone before i know it?

Let me know what you think....

1st time Mum - Lisa

Super*Mum

Hi Lisa! My Ds turns six months on friday and he's a big chubba bubba too! He's just over the 10kg mark! I think it's just genetics, my hubby and I were both fat babies too and my 4 year old was a huge baby but lost it all when she started walking and now she's fairly petite! Ds also loves his food, he has 3 meals and 6 bottles a day and he's such a lovely buddah!! LOL, I can't stop kissing those huge big cheeks. Don't worry there's not alot you could do about it anyway, just enjoy your big beautiful baby cos she will be loose it before you know it!

hi lisa,
my boy is 10 months old now and he is hudge, when he was young and people down the street would ask how old he was they wouldn't beleave me, he looked 3 months old the day he was born. I also started solids about 4 months, milk just wasn't enough, he was hungry, stuff what the health nurse said i was breast feeding and every 3 hours 24 hours a day cut back to 4 milk feed a day and sleeping all night once i started solids. Jakob has just started walking about 2 weeks ago and already the extra rolly bits are falling off. don't stress about having a big bub my nease was bigger the jakob and she is 5 now and she is a stick. I love my chubby bub, wouldn't know what i would do if a had a tiny one, i feel like i was going to brake it. I also was a big baby 10 pound born and now i am 21 just had a baby and still fit into a size 8 jeans, and trust me i eat more than my partner, that just goes to prove the size of your bub now has no indication of what there body type will be in years to come.
im not sure bout kg,but a boy in my mothers group who is 6 months is 23 pounds!!!!!!! My daughter was born 5 days after him,and was 15 pound at 5 months,so as you can see all babies are different,nothing to worry about,sounds as though you love your chubby little girl,my bubs too looks quite chubby and i love it!!!
her dimlpy thighs,those lackaband arms i love it

enjoy her while shes so cuddly

Lillie....1 year old!!!

My DD is 6 mths also and is 8.6kg. I often get the chubby comments but she is happy and healthy and is long for her age also. I am telling people she is getting ready for winter at the moment and that seems to get a giggle out of them and seems to distract from what I really want to say to them!!! A good friend often has said with her own children she would rather them be chubby and that way if she is sick then there will be no weight concerns.

DD is also in the 97% for her length, and weight so as long as no medical professionals are concerned, neither am I
DON'T WORRY AT ALL.

Brooke is now 12months old was a big chubba with all the rolls of baby fat and weighed more than averege but was also a tall girl but over the months you won't even notice the change, she's now grown out of most baby fat and looks more like a 2 year old because she is that bit bigger.

I go to playgroup and see babies a month or 2 older than Brooke and they are small and weigh nothing they look 8 months old and yet their 13 months old.

A baby with rolls will most likely loose them, Brooke did.
mum2brooke wrote:
DON'T WORRY AT ALL.

Brooke is now 12months old was a big chubba with all the rolls of baby fat and weighed more than averege but was also a tall girl but over the months you won't even notice the change, she's now grown out of most baby fat and looks more like a 2 year old because she is that bit bigger.

I go to playgroup and see babies a month or 2 older than Brooke and they are small and weigh nothing they look 8 months old and yet their 13 months old.

A baby with rolls will most likely loose them, Brooke did.

My baby always had chubby cheeks.
Asking yourself, How to Reduce your Baby's Chubby Cheeks at Home? Here are some Effective Tips to Lose Fat in Your Face
Also, Try these recommended facial exercises. " https://www.beautifulquickly.com/how-to-reduce-...
Sign in to follow this topic