Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

sleeping in my bed Rss

My little girl used to sleep in her cot untill I started letting her into my bed, now i can't get her out!!
I have tried controlled crying but she just crys untill she's sick.
I would love to hear from anyone who has over-come this problem!!

julia, tas, 8mth baby

it is a security thing. we have the same problem!!

i dont mind it, but it is really hard for either of us to sleep, but bub seems to be sleeping fine.

i have spoken to our clinic about it, if you want to get her out of the habit you really have to persist and keep trying. when she cries, settle her, walk away etc, and keep doing it..... eventually she will get used to it. it could take over a week, so be patient!

let me know how you go!

Nicki''s Mum, NSW

It makes sense that it would be a security thing cus Georgia is very clingy to me.I dont mind her being in my bed either but i have these visions of her still being in there when shes 3 years old! I will try what you have suggested and let you no how I go. thanx heaps for the advise!

julia, tas, 8mth baby

Hi Julia,
We had heaps of trouble with my little girls sleeping which started around the time she was 5 1/2 months. It got to the stage wear she would wake up and wouldn't go back to sleepunless she was in our bed and then would wake anywhere from 3 to 8 (at the worst times) times in a night and demand a feed every time. A friend loaned me a book called 'Babywise' when my daughter was about 8months old (by which stage I was about ready to go completely insane from lackofsleep and grumpy baby. It was an absolute Godsend. The book guides you through what they call PDF or Parent Directed Feeding and would be even better for you at the moment because it focuses mainly on Birth to 6months. Within probably two weeks (it was a little delayed as we travelled a lot) she was sleeping through at night plus having structured sleep times in the day. She's so much happier and much less clingy to me also. My daughter is now just over 12months old and both her sets of grandparents are amazed at what a different little girl she is. If you'd like anymore info on the book, just let me know. Goodluck. PS I'm now reading the second in the Babywise series which extend on frrom the other. Heaps more awesome info.

Shanna QLD 12month baby girl.
hey shani,
i would love more info on the book ... we are having sleep troubles too!! how much does the book cost? author? where did you purchase it?

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi Shani,
I would love to know where to get the book from,if you could tell me the author that would be great. Post it here or e-mail me at simba87@dodo.com.au with the details. thanx.

julia, tas, 8mth baby

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Shani,

I am very interested in the book you mentioned. If you like you can email at budgee73@yahoo.com.au to let me know the details of where I can get it from etc. We have a 3 1/2 month old little girl and at first she pretty much slept in our bed, but now she starts off in her own bed at the beginning of the night, and ends up in our bed early morning. I love her sleeping with me but it does make it hard to get a good sleep, plus my partner isn't keen on having her in the bed with us. She seems to sleep better with us but we don't. Well hope to hear from you about that book.
Thanks Bridget
Sign in to follow this topic