Huggies Forum

Baby Eye Colour Lock Rss

When did your baby's eye colour change? My son is currently 4 months old and still has blue eyes so I'm wondering if and when they might change. I have brown eyes and my husband has green/blue eyes.
DS eye colour changed at around 3 weeks, looks like baby might stay with blue eyes grin CUTE!
My Daughters changed at 8 weeks from blue to brown, but her blue eyes were always dark. My son is 4 months old and still has bright blue eyes so I think his will stay that way.
My hubby has brown eyes and I have blue/green eyes

I don't think this is the answer you want to hear, but my neice's eye colour didn't change until around the time she was starting primary school so it can actually take years to happen!

I don't think this is the answer you want to hear, but my neice's eye colour didn't change until around the time she was starting primary school so it can actually take years to happen!

This is the same with my twins - they had dark blue eyes then just before school age they changed to hazel.
My DS is 6 months and has blue eyes - my partner is sure they will not change -but we will see!!
My DS is almost 6 months old and still has the blue eyes he was born with...

This is quite odd as I have brown eyes, and so does his father...

Although my Mum had blue eyes, so maybe he inherited them from her...

When did your baby's eye colour change? My son is currently 4 months old and still has blue eyes so I'm wondering if and when they might change. I have brown eyes and my husband has green/blue eyes.

I don't think there is one answer, they all change at different times, some don't change at all. My little girl had bright blue eyes until she was 7-8 months old, they are now a bluey/greyish color (sorta like a grey looking aqua), very hard to describe but beautiful a lot of people comment on them. Looking at my DP baby photos he had bluey/grey eyes until he was 5 years old and now he has green eyes, so I think my daughter will end up with green eyes but she's nearly 1 and her eyes are more blue than green. I have hazel eyes and my eyes changed from blue to hazel when I was 6 weeks old.

My son was born with dark brown eyes and they have never changed. He is now nearly 4.
My sons eyes started off dark blue and then they changed to green when he was around 1 month old and then changed to golden brown colour when he was 6 months old which they have stayed. I have blue/green eyes and my husband has dark brown eyes
I have been wondering the same thing about my DS who has beautiful blue eyes (for the moment). I have really dark brown eyes and DH has electric blue eyes (like an icy blue - hard to describe but that's what attracted me to him in the first place! wub ) DS's eyes are still quite blue so I am hoping they stay that way smile

I asked a friend of mine who is a GP and she said it could take up to 6 months for them to change, and going by other posts, it's hard to get a definitive answer, as everyone is different!

Sorry but I'm not much help am I!? wink

My daughter had dark blue eyes than they changed to dark brown around 4months and my 14week old son has light blue eyes and have not changed at this stage. I did read somewhere that it can take up to two years but obviously that isn't always the case.
My sons eyes started to change about a month and half in. But they were such a confusing color I was getting frustrated trying to figure out what color they were going to be. They went from blue to a blue grey color. Then about 4 1/2 to 5 months of age he started to get brown flecks in the middle. Now they are a Hazel grey green color with brown flecks. It depends on the light you see them in . I guess i am just going to have to wait and see what actual color will prevail. smile
Sign in to follow this topic