Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

rolling over Lock Rss

HI ladies, my lil bub is 4 1/2 months old and he still hasnt rolled over. I've tried "tummy time" put toys around him, talk and encourage and roll him around but he is just not interested. On the rare occasion he'll roll from stomach to back with a bit of help, but otherwise he just lays there.
My mum says babies should be able to roll over by now.....Has anyone else experienced this? Can u anyone offer some advice to get him rolling? He is quite an active baby but just doesnt want to do it yet.
Thanks

Quinnie and Remy (03/12/05)

Hi my daughter roll before she was 4 months old and we cant stop her matter what but my nephew who is the same age of my daughter he just started to roll when he was nearly 7 months old so dont worry and I think it all depends on the babys when they want to do thing and if he is just happy to play with his toys and lay around thats ok for him to do that.

Before my daughter roll over on to her tummy I use to just keep overing her over and back on her to tummy for a couple of mins or til she got tired.

I hope that has help and good luck and let me know how you let.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

I think they all do it when they are ready and not a second before hand!

My bubs would try to go over with just her shoulder or just her leg every now and then from about 4 mths but then when she turned 5 mths it all seemed to gel together and for about 3 days straight it was all she did ALL day!

She is now 5 1/2 mths and rolls but gets her arm stuck underneath her.

When she starts to try herself we used to help her out a bit like you are doing but I wouldnt worry.. One day he will just do it... then look out!! He will be off!
Hey

It will come don't stress, they all develop differently, my bub rolled for her first time yesterday and she is 3 1/2 mnths and even better she rolled from back to belly then belly to back usually they go from belly to back first but she hayed tummy time. Don't worry about your mum, he'll do it when he wants to and not a min before.

Tiddles, Vic, 3/1/2006 dd

All bubs are different chicky my son jake took his sweet mary time he was 5 months but taylah was 3 months old. Try putting things to his side for him to want to reach. If all fails just give him a helping hand do it several times front to back and back to front within time he'll do it i promise.

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

Hi lil_remy
dont rush it...
I had jett..now 4 1/2months on his back yesterday under his play gym... he loves it and all of a sudden i walk back into the room to find him nearly in tears on his tummy trying to get back onto his back. It cracked me up.
Its a great milestone for them but if you have to leave bub unattended for a sec(loo break) in no time he's turned over and stuck and wanting to get back to where he was.
Did any of that make sence?
it was just the other day he wasnt able to turn all the way over and now he wont stop doing it.
My friend has a 6month old bub who doesnt roll over yet either. every baby is differentand they'll all do things in their own time. whats the rush i say... before you know it, they're crawling round getting into things they shouldnt be getting into. enjoy it while you can....lol

Beth

Hi there. My bub is 4 months old. She was rolling from her tummy to her back at 3 months and in the last couple of weeks she attempts to roll back again but she gets frustrated because her little arm always gets stuck across her chest. So you have to move her arm up so she can put it to the side. I found that the way she taught herself to roll from her tummy to her back was to put her arm straight up so her head is to one side. Then with a few attempts of kicking she manages to get half way over and gravity takes over after that. Although she has a blank look on her face as to say wow what just happened, so cute.
Good luck.
My little girl just turned 4 months and has no interest in rolling. She is actually trying to sit. When in her rocker she is constantly pulling her head a shoulders up and when you hold her hands she pulls herself up unsupported. I roll her on her side to encourage the whole rolling thing but I guess she will do what she wants when she is ready.

Jacqui, NSW, baby Sophie Jan06

Im not trying to rub it in, lol, but my baby rolled over for the first time when she was 8 days old! I mentioned it to the health nurse and she didnt even seem to bat an eyelid - just kept on talking about it like it was normal. However, I dont know of any other baby that has been rolling since this early?? Anyone else??

Sign in to follow this topic