Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

prematura buba's Lock Rss

Hello, I’m very new to this web site ….
My little man was born 0n the 16th of November... 6 weeks early ... In Western Australia...King Edward Hos... 1.955kg...now 7.180kg and growing fast!

He spent 5-6 weeks in the special nursery care unit … before we could take him home, but we had him home for Christmas!

Jai is coming up 5 months and is such a happy wee man… very content … people tell me he should be starting solid’s soon …but I am unsure when to start him… should I treat him as 5mths…of the 3and a half that he is>>>so unsure… he is not hungry, as in dissatisfied by his bottle and only eating 150ml per feed, 6 times a day…. ??? can you start to soon!
Any body else out there with a little premature buba … I would love to chat

Kim WA 5mth buba

Hi Kim,

My son Logan was also born prem. He was 7 weeks early, born in Melbourne on July 22 (Due September 9).
He weighed just over 2220g (was going to be a big boy at full term!) and spent just over 4 weeks in special care.

For the first few months we went by his corrected age but now that he is 8 months we usually do things by his actual age.

Logan started on solids at 5 months but this was because he was paying a lot of attention to what we were eating and seemed very interested in having a taste! At this point he was still on 6 bottles a day 180ml.

He is now 8.5 months and 9.45kg.

I would love to chat to you,
Justine smile

Justine, Vic, Logan 22nd July 2005 @ 33 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic