Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Babies Fears Lock Rss

DD has recently developed a serious fear of the vacuum and the bath plug. I'd love to hear if other babies have any fears and what you do to over come them.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi kazi,

Brayden hates the vacuum cleaner too. Its annoying because it means I have to wait for him to be asleep or wait for someone else to be around to hold him while I vacuum!

What is it about the vacuum cleaner??

Be keen to hear any solutions on how to overcome it!!

Bye for now.

Kazi

I wish my bubba was affraid of the bath plug cos everytime I put her in the bath she pulls it out!!!

But yes she has just become scared on the vaccumm cleaner too - very annoying because as someone else said I cant vaccumm while she is awake!

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

The good thing about DD's fear of the vacuum is that I can sit it in the hall way - and she wont leave the lounge. She will spot it, turn around and not go near the door way. Do your babies hate it even when its not turned on?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi!
Nina is frightened of the blender, which is most inconvenient when I need to pulversise some food for her! If I turn it on while she's on the floor playing she tries to crawl away from the noise and cries (even if she's in the other room), so I have to go get her, bring her to the kitchen, tell her I'm gonna turn it on, then hit the switch and dash down the hall with her, singing silly songs to distract her so she won't cry! Then we have to sneak back up on the blender to turn it off.

It makes it all a bit of a performance, but it is nice having my girl snuggling herself into my neck when she's scared (could do without the manic hair pulling though!).

This new forum is strange ...

Sign in to follow this topic