Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Teething and disturbed sleeping!!

Teething and disturbed sleeping!! Lock Rss

Hi all,
Sophie cut her 1st tooth on 1st April and it wasn't an April Fools joke either as that night she slept quite badly, kept waking every hour until 12.30am and then slept through 'til 7am. For the past week she has been going to bed at 6.30 but waking at 7.30, then again at 9 and wanting her usual 10pm feed then and then ofcourse wakes hungry again at 11.30pm! She has usually been a good sleeper and sleeps from 6 - 10/10.30pm and then has roll over feed and then sleeps 'til 7am; but hey, since her tooth came through she wakes a couple or more times between 6.30 and 9pm. She is brilliant during the day so it seems that her tooth appears to annoy her more at night and maybe she isn't sleeping as deeply as she was.

Anyone else had this or having this issue? Usually if I give her some water she is fine but sometimes I have to pick her up and rock her to sleep else she doesn't settle.....any idea when she may get back to sleeping better .... has your child/ren been when teething? Does it get better!!! LOL

Any feedback would be great.
Cheers in advance from a loving mummy who wishes for her daughter to start sleeping properly again!!!
smile

Sophie's Mummy

Teething totally sucks. I have been through similar, it certainly takes its toll on all the family. Out of curiosity, have you tried a dose of panadol? I find it would settle DD within 10 minutes, enabling her to fall asleep. I was anti panadol to start with, but when I know its teething I dont hesitate to give her a dose at night.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

lillie started teething 3 weeks ago.no not one little teeth

2 down the bottom and all her top ones are ready as well
theres no teeth yet but 4 a baby that always slept through nights are awful
its a hard stage for every parent
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi all when my daughter starts teething she doesnt sleep that good and either does mum but thats okay I have got use to it by now. I give Jaye pandol and just rock her to sleep and make comfortbale as I can for her and I have being having the same problem as you have been with teething and all I do is give pandol, feed, rock her to sleep, and sometimes it works and other times it doesnt work.

Our poor bubs the teeth must hurt them so much and the sad part that they cant tell us whats wrong and how to fix the problem but hopefully we can help them and made them happy again.

Good luck and chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic