Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Temper Tantrums! Rss

Hi Fellow Parents,

My name is Shae, I'm 21 from SA and have a gorgeous 10 month old daughter named Mia. I also have two step kids named Jones and Ella who are 6 and 4 respectively.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and email me at 'shae@bigpond.com'.

Also, I'm after some advice. Mia has taken to throwing herself backwards and screaming everytime I try to put her anywhere near her highchair, car seat or stroller. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there anything you can do - other that being VERY patient!

Thanks!

Shae - Mum to Mia - 10mths

Hi Shae, my son has just turned one and he too is having these tantrums. I have so much trouble putting him into his car seat and after I have been carrying him and try and put him down he puts all his weight on and leans back and sooks and carries on.

I have been told to just leave them if they do this. Lay them gently on the ground and walk away.

So this is exactly what I do EVERY TIME.

He very quickly rolls over and comes running after me and is over his tantrum, untill the next time.

I dont know what to do about the car seat or pram because I am still trying to figure that out for myself, but if i get any advise from people, ill let you know.
Hi Shae and Kristijames,
I also have a tantrum thrower, though like Kristijames's little boy mine also stops when I walk away. As for the car seat problem, I keep a couple of his favorite toys and books in the car so the only time he gets to play with them is in his car seat. I find they work really well when he throws a tantrum I used to give them to him but now he seems to understand things better I explain that once he stops throwing his tantrum and lets me put him in his seat he can have toy/book. I would say this works 9 out of 10 times. As for the pram situation I have had this problem since the day he started walking 5 1/2 months ago and I still don't have the answer. Though I will strap him in with his shoulder harnesses if I really need for him to be in the pram other wise I let him walk or put him in a trolley. Good luck and happy parenting.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Sign in to follow this topic