1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. When do babies start to laugh

When do babies start to laugh Rss

hello.
i am 31yr old 1st time mum.

i'm wondering at around what age do babies actually laugh.

my daughter is 16wks old. and she does the biggest smiles. smile

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi

My son was 4 months last week and he has been laughing for about 3-4 weeks. It first started with little laughs when I tickled him or he seen his brother dancing and jumping around silly.

Now he still laughs at his big brother being silly, thats mostly what he laughs at and it is now a real chuckle, its so nice to see, but all babys do things at different times, I have noticed that with my sons, so she will do it in her own time.

Its so cute when they start, just like it was when they start smiling and it will continue that way with everything they do.

All the best
Tracy

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

my daughter didnt laugh till she was about 5mths old.
My son is 5 months old and has been laughing for about 1 month. If your bub is doing big smiles I bet she is just building up to have a big laugh with you soon!
I found that I laughed alot when playing with Ash and he would copy me...Do you laugh when playing with your bubby?
yeh theres always lots of laughing . u cant help but laugh at them sometimes.
i love babies they r all so cute.
it looks like she could laugh any second but theres no sound with her smile.we get out the video camera just incase but nothing yet . i hope we dont ware out the tape..lol. we keep rewinding it getting it ready 4 the next time..............lol.

Oh how I love the sound of my boy laighing and squelling with delight. He loves being 'eaten' on his tummy and neck and thats when he squells the most. The sound is so sweet and heart warming...if DP is playing with him in another room, I stop whatever I'm doing just so I can here him laugh grin

As for the video tape! I went to edit them all onto a normal VHS tape on the weekend. I thought I had 3 tapes but theres 4 tapes. I have no idea what we spent so much time videoing! lol It's going to take me forever to edit them all and I have to do it ASAP cos he's almost crawling. He can go forward in a caterpillar/commando kind of crawl. I don't want to miss the first proper crawl and I have no video camera tape left! Ah...to be able to find the time to do it (and to finsish sorting through the clothes he's grown out of!)
My baby girl did a proper laugh at about 3 months, but that was it, until the last couple of weeks, about 4 months, when she's started again. It's so cute. It does begin with a really big smile, and sooner or later she adds some "Eeeaaaaarrrrr" sounds, then suddenly.......a chuckle too. We caught her laughing on the video just the other night for the first time, and it was great because she went for ages. My husband was just tickling her belly and we were both giggling too.

Good luck with the video thing....I know it's really hard to catch the important moments!

Robyn

Robyn, mum to Montana,18-10-03 + Diesel,26-3-06

hi,

My baby had her first giggles on her 3rd month aniversary and we just caught her laughing again today. The only other times she laugh is in her sleep.

We cant wait to catch her next one. smile)

nsw, baby girl 15/11/03

hi everyone.

wow-wee. how cute.
my daughter laughed her 1st laugh yesterday.

i'm so happy i could cry smile

her dad was playing silly buggers with her today and i thought something bad had happened. all i heard from the lounge room was "quick come in here" so i ran uo the hallway like a mad woman and here they r having the best time . he thought i'd missed her 1st laugh, but in actual fact he heard her 2nd (hehe)

who needs alcohol to be merry smile

hey all,
my precious little baby is nearly 4 months now! my partner and i were so excited the first time we heard him laugh (it was 6-8 weeks ago)! But now he giggles all the time ... he loves seeing himself in the mirror and he loves all the new 'games' we invent to amuse him! It seems he's always laughing nowadays!! It's one of (if not the), greatest sounds you'll ever hear in you rlife!! ENJOY!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Jess started laughing just before she turned 3 months. They were more like giggles though. A few weeks ago when all 3 of us were in the bath, my husband was blowing bubbles at the dog coz she likes to attack them and then eat them, well Jess thought it was soooo funny and she couldnt stop laughing. That was the first time we heard her laugh properly. Now she is 4 and a half months and shes laughing heaps. She especially likes it when i sit her on the edge of the change table and go down to her eye level while holding her hands. I really love the sound of bubs laughing.

Jessicas mum

At 11 weeks old yesterday Jordyn had her first real laugh. It was beautiful she was looking in the mirror and thought it was so funny, she got her whole head moving and everything. I was so excited I got on the phone to everyone to tell them our news. Today she's been laughing at everything as well, once they start you wont be able to stop them - and you wont want to!!
Sign in to follow this topic