Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Squealing Rss

Hi all, I was hoping someone might have some advice regarding squealing. My 4 month old little girl has started to squeal all the time. Sometimes it is because she is having fun but other times it is because she is getting tired or hungry or for no apparent reason. It can be very ear-piercing and is extremely embarassing when in the supermarket and in public. I'm sure the neighbours are wondering what we are doing to her! I have been advised to ignore it but it seems to be getting worse and worse. I realise they need to experiment with their vocal abilities but it is getting out of hand. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions?
Hi There. My son (now six months) also started squealing just after four months, mostly in fun. A little deafening when holding him right beside your ear! He seems to have stopped now (or almost - only doing it occasionally). I read somewhere that babies sometimes 'practice' one skill before moving on, so maybe she is just practicing the squeal before trying out a new sound. Hope this helps.
Hi

I hate to tell you this but I think it is a girl thing my daughter squealed from about 4 months she is now 16 months & getting worse.
It can be quite embarrassing at times but their only babies so don't worry too much

Happy Squealing

Bec
hi everyone

My 1 year old has started squealing only in the past few weeks and it is embrassing when were shopping as she wont stop until we let her walk around by herself which makes for very long shopping trips.
She too squeals for no apparent reason.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Brookelin's mum there is actually an old post on this site about the same topic and you can see how many people can relate!! My boy is now one and he still does it occassionally but not nearly as often. I don't think there is anything you can do they will grow out of it eventually.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Brookelins mum, Breanna is 7 month and does the same,yes it is very embarassing.One lady in a shopping centre covred her ears when Breanna squealed.But I look at it this way that she is only a baby and she is just finding her voice,she does not know that it is wrong all she knows is that it is fun and is also a way of getting mums attion Kind regards Leanne&Breanna

Leanne & Baby Breanna, Redland Bay

Hi my son squealed for awhile it has now developed into a horrible noise that sounds like a hurt animal. lol
I think it is just part of the learning process - I am hoping that he will grow out of this noise!!
We don't make a fuss when he does it and usually it means he wants something - so I try to do what he wants asap before he gets worse! As for how to stop them? I have no idea! Fingers crossed he will stop soon!

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

hi all,

i too was hoping for some advice on this matter as my 11mth old twin jamison has started squealing & it is so annoying, he does it when he is tired or just sitting & standing, this morning at 2:00am he started squealing becuase he couldn't get back to sleep by himself. the horrible thing about it is that being twins julian copies everything that jamison does, so he's starting to squeal too but not quite as deafening.

oh well, i feel better knowing i'm not the only one!

good luck to the rest of you too!!!

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Yes I too have a 4month old baby girl who started this last week so it's nice to know others do it too, although she hasn't got too loud YET I'm actually now waiting for it to get worse reading all these replies Oh well we love her dearly so maybe we will just be ready for it

melanie,Qld

Sign in to follow this topic