Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

rolling over Rss

just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on how to encourage young ones to roll. My boy is 15 weeks old and rolls from side to side when on his back, but struggles to go any further. He has a lot of tummy time but doesnt even try to roll onto his back, he is happy to lay face down until i move him!
any ideas would be great...

michelle, mom to maxwell (11.03) & isaac (10.05)

Hi Michelle,

My little man did the same thing for about a month. He was also quite happy to lay on his belly untill I moved him, try getting his attention with a toy and the puuting it to his side where he can still see it but can't quite reach it, this ay be a bit of an encouraging factor, the other thing I tried with my little boy was to entice him with some food that he likes. I know it sounds a lot like bribery but it worked.

Nikki, WA, 2nd bub on the way.

hi well my daughter used to roll to her side for awhile and then one day she went over and then she didnt stop she would roll all over the house under everything i was forever chasing her out from under the couch and table dont worry your bub will roll over when ready goodluck.
i would just say let your bub do it in their own time. you don't want to force them to grow up too fast! just give your baby plenty of playtime (on tummy and on back), and it'll happen when he's ready!! enjoy watching him grow and develop ... my bub is 3months and i'm loving every minute of our time together!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi,

My little girl is just under 19 weeks old now, and she did the side to side thing too. Then just as I was begining to think she was never going to roll over by herself, she did it one morning in the cot and when i went to giver her her early morning feed there she was!

She then only did it once or twice a day for a week or two, but in the last few days we've developed the urge to roll anywhere we can, and also get right up on her arms and knees almost, as if we REALLY want to crawl, but just aren't strong enough...

I wouldn't worry about him, one day when you least expect it he will do it and give you a great big surprise! smile

Take care,

-Emma-

Mum to Belle 10.10.03 & Max (Born & Died) 24.07.02

My son Zachary is 7 1/2 months old and just learnt to roll onto his tummy two weeks ago! he still hasnt mastered rolling back onto his back yet but is having plenty of tummy time, it looks very likely that hes going to crawl first before rolling. Hes almost doing the army crawl.

Elle
Hi Elle,

I'm glad you posted as my little girl is 6 months and she isn't rolling yet. She did it once (both ways) and hasn't done it since. She likes to roll to her side, but not completely over. She has lots of tummy time, but she puts her arms out to stabilise herself. I think she might crawl before she rolls too. She also likes to do the Pilates thing. She lies on her back and lifts her legs and head and shoulders off the floor. I wish I could do it as long as she does. I would have the best abs smile

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

hey phantom my bub is three months and has rolled from tummy to back 3 times! as u can see he doesnt do it very often ... but he is a master at the pilates thing too!! its so cute watching him ... ahh babies are so worth all the time we put in to caring for them:)

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hey Brandons mum, that is great your bub has rolled over already. Gotta love them and their pilates. You are so right - they are worth the time we put in to caring for them. For someone who didn't think they wanted a baby, I would never be without her now smile

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Hi Michelle,
My son Konnor was the same around that age! He is 6 months old this week and he is now almost crawling!!! He started to roll everywhere about 3 weeks ago and is just advanced heaps in that time. We played with him on the floor a lot. He will do it when he is ready, don't push them too much.
thanks butterflygirl for your tips and to all those that replied to my original request. I think these little ones just like to take their time in doing things. Also perhaps my son max is trying to make a fool of me because as luck would have it he turns 16 weeks on wednesday and has officially started to roll. He is enjoying flipping from back to tummy! Now all i have to worry about is him doing it in his cot at night and not being able to turn back over.
Must admit motherhood is the hardest job i've ever had but so rewarding.

thanks again.

michelle, mom to maxwell (11.03) & isaac (10.05)

My 5 month old son up and till now has shown no desire to roll over whatso ever...he is quite happy to just look at toys if they are out of reach!
He is laying on his back at the moment and about 2 minutes ago he rolled onto his side and then back to his back....hehehe he just did it again!!
Looks like he is learning he can move himself!!
Sign in to follow this topic