Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

NAPPIES / PULLUPS Rss

Hi,

Can you use pullup nappies for babies, ie an 8 month old?

I realise they are generally used for toddlers in the 'between stage.

The reason I ask is that I am finding it extremely difficult to put on my daughters nappy as she keeps turning to her side and flipping over ( gee aren't babies strong ). Sometimes i spend nearly 5 mins trying to put on her nappy.

If pullups are not suitable for babies then i really think Huggies should design a pullup nappy for babies, what does everyone think?

NSW - 1st child baby girl

I have no idea if they are suitable for babies or not...I dont see why you couldnt use them though.
I understand what you mean, my 4 1/2 month old sometimes kicks and wiggles and makes it hard to get the nappy on.
Have you tried the pull-ups? My only concern would be when they dirty their nappy how you could make sure it doesnt dribble out everywhere when you pull the nappy off...probably not a major drama.
Mariav,

I use pullups for my 3 year old son and I think you'll find that they are designed for little 'accidents' and as such are not as absorbent as nappies.

You may find that they will leak if too full.

I also have a 5 month old and find that nappies are alot easier to get on as with pullups you have to get both legs in and pull them up quite firmly whereas with nappies it's more of a quick wrap motion.

No harm if you want to give them a go however.

Have you tried hanging a mobile or toy above your daughter on the change table ? Or even some wind chimes to distract her.

Good luck with it.

Therese

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

hi maria well i am also having very much the same problem with my 9 1/2 mth old daughter it is just a nightmare at the moment to dress her and change her nappy if you give the pull ups a go let me know how you go?
Have you tried giving your daughter something to play with when changing her??? My Plunket nurse suggested that if I rolled up some sticky tape and put it into my sons (now 3 and 1) hands they spent the whole time playing with it. They loved it and it kept them still enough to change them. Just a suggestion.

Karan, Queenstown, NZ, 2 Boys

Hi Karen,
Great Idea! And it works! I was having the same problem with my 10 month old son, but saw your post and gave it a go. It worked a treat. He use to be really good and would lay there playing with a toy, then all of a sudden he though it was fun to roll over onto his tummmy....not good when you have a dirty nappy sad I tried the sticky tape this afternoon, and he was so busy trying to get it off his hands, the nappy was changed and he was dressed again before he knew it. Thanks for your solution:)
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Karen,

Thanks for that great advise, the sticky tape really works and now i have a roll handy at her change table.

Great, this months problem has been solved
Maria

NSW - 1st child baby girl

hi well today i found something to make my daughter lay still i had a role of wrapping paper but it is that foil like one i ripped a piece of that off for my daughter to play with and she didnt roll over once while i was changing her it really keeped her happy so now it just sits on the side of the change table waiting.
its not a drama as the pull ups hve tear off stripstht makes removal esy i think they would be fine 4 a younger baby but they aren as absorbent as a nappy

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic