Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Teething and bottles Rss

I'm pretty sure my 3 1/2 month old daughter is starting to teethe, most of the time she is fine, but now and then they seem to really bother her.
One of the things that sometimes upsets her is having her bottle, she squirms and cries, and doesn't want to drink. Afterwards she drools, plays with her gums, and cries a lot.
I know that a cooling teether can help sore gums. What I was wondering was whether the warm milk did the opposite? Would giving her a cold bottle help? Do babies drink cold milk? When do you stop heating up their milk anyway?

Rochelle, NZ, baby girl born 22.10.2003

My son also did what your daughter is doing. I gave Eli only slightly warmed bottles and this seemed to help a bit. He was still experiencing a bit of pain though when drinking. Try rubbing some bonjela on her gums 10 minutes or so before her feeds.

Eli is quite happy to drink cool milk, however not chilled straight out of the fridge. Some babies will not drink cold milk, only warmed. Just go on what your daughter wants.

Kirstie, Son born 16/08/03

cold milk to a little one is like when we chew on ice cream with sensitive teeth. it can give babies a pain in their tummy. around 37 degrees is a good temp 4 their milk. its the same as body temperature. eg breastmilk.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic