Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Looking for new mums in cairns for play group!!!

Looking for new mums in cairns for play group!!! Rss

Hi everyone,
Im Sophie and Im 26, I am a new mum to a 3 week old little boy- Harlen!

I am looking for new mums to start a play group in cairns!

I live in Bentley Park... so that area or Edmonton would be great!!

Please email me at mrs-day@hotmail.com If you are interested! smile
Hi Sophie

Congrats on your bubba!

Every Monday, at the Edmonton medical centre (next to the big hardware store) they have a mothers type group where they go through a cycle of topics ie sleeping/settling, breast feeding etc. There is also a drop in clinic on that day where you can get bubs weighed by midwives from cairns base, discuss any probs. The Monday group will have younger bubs and once you've been through all the topics you can move onto the Tuesday group.

I found this a good way to meet mums that had babies around the same age as DD. and we would all sit around afterwards and have a chat.

Hope the above helps smile

Hi Sophie

Congrats on your bubba!

Every Monday, at the Edmonton medical centre (next to the big hardware store) they have a mothers type group where they go through a cycle of topics ie sleeping/settling, breast feeding etc. There is also a drop in clinic on that day where you can get bubs weighed by midwives from cairns base, discuss any probs. The Monday group will have younger bubs and once you've been through all the topics you can move onto the Tuesday group.

I found this a good way to meet mums that had babies around the same age as DD. and we would all sit around afterwards and have a chat.

Hope the above helps smile

Thankyou! I will be going to that one next monday smile
Hey

Your most welcome! I think it starts at 10 or 10.30, can't quiet remember, and the drop in clinic runs all day. Have a good time, I always found it informative. The Tuesday group moves onto topics such as teething, first aid (ambos came to talk), fire safety etc and someone comes in to talk on each topic.

Cheers
Congratulations on your new baby!! I've recently set up a Facebook page "Cairns Mums", with the idea of connecting Cairns Mums together. Make sure to like the page, and check back regularly to see new mums that join...

I'm due to have my 2nd baby in 4 weeks and feeling as big as a whale, so I'm not getting out and about at present...but after I have my baby I could be up for a coffee!
Sign in to follow this topic