Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Born in November 2010 Rss

Mel- Im glad to hera the Chiro went well for you smile

Wembly-Sorry to hear you have PND,its good that you detected it early onset, keep resting up & hope to hear from you again soon

Nikki-Glad to hear Joshys eye is better and things are going well with your partner back at work smile

We went to The Wiggles concert today,had an absoulote ball and am stuffed now! It went for 2hrs which is abit too dragged out for a toddler in my opouin as she became abit bored and tired towards the end and started having abit off a tanty which is bloody hard with the 2 kids LOL but overall was fun just tiring! got alot of comments about how crazy i was going on my own with the two tongue

Missing DP abit,he has been in sydney since Sat, so a week now and teh nights are very lonely but am surprised at just how well i am coping grin
Hope everybody is having a fantastic weekend
I finally have the chance to jump on here quickly.

Jess - I think you're nuts going to the Wiggles concert on ur own with a newborn and 3 yr old haha. Glad you and ur daughter had a great time though! smile

Nikki - A bit late now but for future reference (lol) bathing Josh's eye in chamomile tea with a cotton wool ball would work wonders. It always helped Jaylahs eye when it was yucky and sticky. It's a great home remedy for conjuctivitus aswell, even thought that's not what he had.

Wembly - Sorry to hear you have PND hun. It's good you got it picked up early so it doesn't esculate into somethng worse. Wow 6 weeks already! It really has gone quick hasn't it!

Mel - How is Lily going with attaching, etc now after the Chiro? Sounds like it has done the trick just wondering how it's all been going since.

Sorry for those I have missed I promise I will be on here more often.. when I find the time I suppose lol

AFM - Kaiden is downing his bottles like a champ. Every 3 hrs (even at night). Will be taking him to child health on Thursday so it'll be interesting to see how much he weighs now. At 7 days old he put on 150g since leaving the hospital (so that's in 5 days). Can't believe he's nearly 2 weeks old!
My wound has opened up a bit and leaking clear fluid. Went to the doctors yesterday and nothing to worry about. The nurse put a steri-strip over it (which came off in the shower last night anyway). I can't wait to be fully recovered so I can feel normal again! I hate looking around my house seeing things that need doing knowing I just can't or shouldn't do them yet. VERY frustrating!

Jess - I think you're nuts going to the Wiggles concert on ur own with a newborn and 3 yr old haha. Glad you and ur daughter had a great time though! smile

AFM - Kaiden is downing his bottles like a champ. Every 3 hrs (even at night). Will be taking him to child health on Thursday so it'll be interesting to see how much he weighs now. At 7 days old he put on 150g since leaving the hospital (so that's in 5 days). Can't believe he's nearly 2 weeks old!
My wound has opened up a bit and leaking clear fluid. Went to the doctors yesterday and nothing to worry about. The nurse put a steri-strip over it (which came off in the shower last night anyway). I can't wait to be fully recovered so I can feel normal again! I hate looking around my house seeing things that need doing knowing I just can't or shouldn't do them yet. VERY frustrating!

LOL she only 2yrs 5months. she loved it & im young (22 in a few sleeps hehe)
sounds like kaiden is going to be a Big boy grin
meh to the housework it wont go anywhere just relax, rest & enjoy the newborn stage smile i know what you mean though i look around and gasp at how ive let my house go since having mason as i simply dont have the time now and im usually hell anal about how my house is, like its still clean but the little sticky finger prints are starting to build up on the sliding door & fridge and niggley things like that i usually clean every few days & washing pile that needs to be folded is about 5loads now and is massive *sigh* i look at it and think gah where to start...ill tackle that tomorrow haha
Hey Ladies,
So i have finally found some time to get on here and say hello for those that dont know me I'm laura 24 i have a dh and two beautiful children Jasper who is 17months and our newest addition born on the 16th of November Amara. So far Amara seems to be doing well she doesn't cry much but boy does she like to feed and i must admit im getting very very tired of having a newborn attached to my breasts all day esp when i have a toddler to run around after who is still just a baby himself.

Sorry no personals this time hope everyone is well.
Laura

Hello ladies...hope your all good and well.

So im all by myself now...goin well so far, but havent had to lift Jet yet. So a little nervous about that. Well see how we go, nearly 4wks, how time flies. 4 wks of just worring about me and Chelsea pretty much, had hubby here, then his nanna but she left today, so its all me now. Hubbys doin about 12hr days. Daniel II is at school, so most of the time itll be me with 3 kiddies, atleast for a few weeks, then itll be 4 kiddies as school ends next week.

Anyways, Chelsea is doing well. She gets wind though every night, between 11pm-2am and we can be up from half hr to a couple of hrs, which is very tiring. But shes doing well other then that. Shes just started fitting 0000 so shes getting bigger lol. Shes so alert, big eyed, checks everything out.

Recieved Chelseas birth announcement cards today, too cute!

Well sorry i havent done personals, hope to get on here more often. Take care all, all the best with you, bubs and your families xo
Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA on here but man its hard to find the time isnt it!

Riley is going well thankfully. I had a rough night the other night where I was up in the middle of the night with him but last night I got a 5 hr and then 4hr stint with him asleep. Kinda jealous to those of you who are getting loooong sleeps out of your babies already.
Other than the sleep thing, Riley is an easy baby so far but I am waiting for that to change.
Maddie still adores her brother and hasnt shown any signs of jealousy.

Sorry Maddie has woken up so I have to go now xx

Looks like everyone must be busy with thier new babies.

Well I am buggered and finally given into the fact that i think im gonna have to introduce a routine its just too hard managing two kids with out one, i always hated routines for newborns because they change sooo quickly but i think its a must atm, Jasper didnt get one until he was 3months old so i have no idea how to put one in place for a newborn who seems to just feed, poop,sleep, feed, poop, feed, then finally sleep some more.

Does anyone have a rough routine in place for their bubs? wat is it? and is it working?

Evening Ladettes smile

Well Mason is 4weeks old today,where the frig has that gone!?!?! blink he is changing so much daily in the looks department too!

Took him to get weighed today and he is spot on the 5kg mark!!! little tank! grin he has gained 400grams in a week and 1.3Kgs since birth! I couldnt belive it, he was naked, i said to the CHN "is that right" LOL thinking the scales were out LOL forgot to measure his length as i was in soo much shock as he only weighed 3.68 at birth and is now 5.00 mellow

still sleeping well and obviosuly thriving,Mia is getting better everyday,not taht we really had a problem with her but she is so loving towards him its beautiful to see.

Lizyd- dont really have a routine as such, he just kinda slips into DD routine,she doesnt have one for the entire day just in teh afternoon's her dinner & bath routine, taht time off night i have a little routine happening but through out the day i jsut go with the flow, goodluck establishing something taht works for u all smile

Funshine- have you tried infant's friend or something similar for her wind?
Hi everyone,

I'm Nicola and from the due November thread. I'm 28 years old and my husband is 37. We have a 2 years and 3 month old daughter born 15th August 2008, her name is Asher and now we have a son to our family born 9 days early on 11 November 2010 at 5:49pm weighing 3.755kg's, HC 35cm and length of 51cm. His name is Alexander Maxim, we call him Alex for short. We live in Auckland, New Zealand but my husband and I are actually from South Africa.

I found it really hard to develop breastfeeding with my daughter so I'm pleased to say that I have been exclusively breastfeeding Alex since Saturday 27 November which is such an achievement for me! I've ha cracked and bleeding nipples though and have found the cluster feeding and 2-3 hourly feeds rather draining, especially with a toddler. Alex lost weight and went down to 3.4kg's and now almost 3 weeks later he's already 4.3kg's! Apparently boys put on weight a lot quicker than girls do.

Alex struggle with gas a bit but I give him a tummy massage for wind after his bath even if he's crying and that eases things and he will have a bowl movement by the next wake up time. I'm also using gripe water once every 1-2 days to help a bit too.

Last night I put his bassinet mattress at an incline, have him in between a sleep wedge to feel snug, used the Johnson & Johnson Bedtime lotion and made sure the light I use at night wasn't so bright and he woke up at midnight, 4am and 8am for a feed which is fantastic since he's been waking every 2-3 hours on other nights! I've also bought a Dream Swaddle and waiting for that to arrive and really hoping that will stretch his sleeping too as he gets out of his muslin wraps very easily.

Asher has tried smacking Alex twice now while I've been breast feeding him and she gets clingy with me when I can't attend to her during her food, bath, bed time. Other than that she is actually pretty gentle with him and loves to stroke his head and wants to constantly hold him. Trying to get her to listen to me when she's doing something wrong is another story though!

I'm really wanting to take some photos of Alex before he reaches 1 month, anyone have some tips?

As for routine, As soon as he wakes, I feed him, then it's either straight to bed as he's fallen asleep or it's little interaction time with family and as soon as I see a tired sign I put him to bed awake so he's not relying on me to rock or feed him to sleep. I bath him at night with a massage afterwards and ending with a feed before putting him down for the night and at night it's only a feed and sleep, no play time.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs143

Hi Nicola, Congrats on little Alex he sounds like a good little bub and is fitting into the family routine superbly smile
Well done on the breastfeeding too & it sounds like he is thriving! grin

Im Jess, 22 in a few days and have a 2.5yr old and DS Mason who was born on the 3rd cool we live in Perth
Hi All

STB2- I had the same thing happen when i took Lily to the CHN this week she had put on 600g in 7 days and the nurse thought the scales were broken - it took 11 days to put on 200g last time she has now put on exactly 1kg since birth. I am glad Mason is doing well and so is Mia. My Mia is also settling down.

Lizy - There is a book called "Save our Sleep" by Tizzie Hall and she has routines for bubs from birth i used it with Mia when she became unsettled and really seemed to work.

Anyway not much happening i am off for the weekend to Brisbane to stay with my SIL as my DP is going away fishing for the weekend and still not that confident to stay home by myself all weekend. It is just my SIL and her partner so they will be able to help. Lily is doing really well still windy but i think i will just have to put up with it till she grows out of it but she put on heaps of weight this week so that is good. Mia has her 2 year molars coming through and a cold so is miserable she has been asleep for 3.5 hours today so thats good.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Mel
Hey Ladies,
I'm sorry I dont get on here much but Im sure you understand why its not possible sometimes lol.
Riley is going really well. He is 1 month old today OMG where has the time gone!! He has put on 1kg in 4 weeks and grown 5cm so I must be doing well n the breastfeeding front.
He isnt that good a sleeper but not too bad either so I wont complain too much.
11 Days til Wayne is back and what a long 11 days it will be tongue

Mel- I think the windyness with Riley is something I will have to put up with til he grows out of it too. I used Save Our Sleep with Maddie from 8 weeks old. I mainly used the technique to help her to learn to self settle. Sounds like all is starting to calm down for you now and that you are getting used to juggling 2 kids.

Sorry for some reason I can only see Mels post?? DOnt know why. Will try and get back on later xx

Sign in to follow this topic