Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Premmie babies! Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I am mum to a special little girl, Abby. She is now 9mths old & weighs in at a huge 6.5kg. Abby was due on the 2-10-05 but was born 2-7-05, 3mths early & weighed just 915grams. She had 71 days in hospital before we could bring her home. She has done so well. We have been so lucky with her & all of her tests.
I am very curious to see how many of you have had a premature baby? How premmie were they? How are they doing now?

Look forward to reading your responses.
Rach

COME & JOIN US - www.ourretreat.net

Hi Rach

My twins were born at 31wks 5days. They were in hospital for 27 days. Taea was 1860gms 39cms and needed 1 1/2 wks CPAP. Bailey was 1385gms 40cms long and needed no assistance.

Taea is now 8.2kgs and 64cms she is on 3 solid meals a day. Bailey is 6.7kgs and 63cms. He is just starting on solids.

We had their first assessment done last month at the hospital (this is done for all premmies at our hospital). A positive score is 12 and the lower the better. Taea scored 2 and Bailey scored 6.

Our paedatrician assures us that Bailey should catch up by 2.

Great to hear that Abby is doing so well she was so early and tiny.

Michele, NSW, Taea Grace & Bailey Stephen 25.09.05

Hi Rach
My daughter was born at 23.2 weeks (17 weeks early) and weighed 450 grams. She is now 3 years old and doing great.
She spent just over 5 months in hospital, had laser eye surgery ROP grade 3, IVH grade 4, had CPR done 3 times, was asked to turn off life support on several occassions, had septicemia, jaundice, electrolyte imbalances, brady's, apneoa's and chronic lung disease, PDA, heart surgery this July.

She is a happy, healthy little girl (9.5kg) with no long term problems. She is very intelligent,significantly above average by her last report.

Mum to Brooke 23.2 weeks, 450 grams now 3.5 yrs

Hi Rach
i also had a premmie bub 8 weeks early and he is now 5 months and going great guns.
i thought i had it bad but after reading other posts on here there were obviously other bubs and parents in worse situations than mine.
Kade spent 5 weeks in hospital and had numerous problems.
Sometimes its had to tell what your bub should be doing based on their age or their corrected age my bub rolled for the first time today it was so exciting smile

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

Sign in to follow this topic