Huggies Forum

print

Green poo?? Rss

Hi all

I don't know if someone has already posted about this already ... so i'm sorry in advance...

But this past week I have noticed that my 4 month old has started to do green poos. They are still soft like they should be .... but yea they are just green.
What could cause this?

He is formula feed and has been since he was 3 months due to me not being able to keep up with his demands.
Is it normal for them to go through a patch of green poop ... or is it something i really need to go see the doctor about?
I was told that if it is bright green it's a sign of wind. My DD poo is always slightly green. Don't think there is anything to worry about
Thanks grin

I've never had any health issues with my little one ... so been lucky so far. But yea just got a shock the other day when I saw green poo.tongue

The only bad poo colours are black, white and red! Did he just have his immunisations? Before DS had his last lot the nurse said the rotavirus vaccine can turn poo green for awhile.
Hi,
I have just come back from the peadiatrician with my 6 month old, who happened to have green poo last week for a few days. He said some formulas can cause it in some kids, as can the introduction of solids and not to worry at all.
Thanks all for your replies.
Am starting to feel a whole lot better about his green poo now. happy

He had his immunisations about 3 weeks ago ... and I have just started to introduce solids to him. So with that combination that is probably the reason why it is happening.

Thanks again

xx wink

Hi all

I don't know if someone has already posted about this already ... so i'm sorry in advance...

But this past week I have noticed that my 4 month old has started to do green poos. They are still soft like they should be .... but yea they are just green.
What could cause this?

He is formula feed and has been since he was 3 months due to me not being able to keep up with his demands.
Is it normal for them to go through a patch of green poop ... or is it something i really need to go see the doctor about?

mum always told me it ment wind...
Hi, that is so interesting about green poo meaning wind. My bubba has green poo and definately wind problems. He's on Nan Pro Gold 1, and I thought it was just the type of formula. Can I ask what formula you are using and if your bub does have wind problems?
Formula im currently using is S26 Gold - Newborn smile
My baby can get green, slighly harder poo after eating too much banana! Think it dries him out a bit so he's not allowed it more than every other day!
I've been told it's actually Iron in a baby's diet that makes the poo turn green. Breastfeed baby poos are usually light coloured. Formula (and baby rice cereal etc) have all been fortified with added Iron as a bub's stores get low around 6 months of age. It's perfectly healthy and it's just bub's body metabolising the iron. It will sort itself out when bubs starts eating a variety of different foods and not just the one food all the time, like formula and rice cereal.

I gave birth to a cheeky monkey! smile

My daughter just turned 7 weeks and was on Nan HA Gold Formula and had alot of wind and her poo was green . We've recently changed to Nan Comfort its in a blue tin and her poos are now yellow and she has alot less wind and is more comfortable !
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site