Congratulations! If you’re here, then you’re probably thinking about getting pregnant in the near future. Or perhaps you’ve thrown out your contraception, started to record your ovulation timing and you and your partner are already having lots of fun trying for a baby.
No matter where you are right now, getting pregnant is the first step on your own unique journey to parenthood.
Like any journey, being prepared and informed about pregnancy will help smooth the path ahead, and also equip you to tackle any potential setbacks to getting pregnant. Huggies will help you find loads of important and fascinating pregnancy information, including:
- The latest research and fertility advice
- The 16 key recommendations for pre-conception care
- How you can help reduce certain risks such as neural tube defects
- How to prepare physically, emotionally and financially for pregnancy
We know you’ll have a thousand and one questions about getting pregnant. We’ll do our best to answer them all. Starting with the biggest!
How to get pregnant
For some people getting pregnant is really easy. While for others getting pregnant can take years and involve a lot of heartache.
The range of experiences differ so greatly because there are so many factors that affect getting pregnant. Which is why even for a healthy, fertile woman in her early 20s, the chances of getting pregnant are just 25% in any given month.
- Timing of ovulation: Pinpointing the days your body is ready to conceive greatly improves your chances of getting pregnant
- Your pre-pregnancy diet: Which foods should you be eating or avoiding if you’re trying to get pregnant? Which beverages could actually harm your chances of getting pregnant or your baby?
- Sexual activity: What’s the best position for conceiving?
Use these pregnancy tips and expert advice to give you and your partner the best shot at getting pregnant.
Planning for pregnancy
Before you began thinking about getting pregnant, you probably thought it was just a matter of jumping into bed, having unprotected sex, and nine months later a baby! And off into the sunset you go.
Yes, getting pregnant can be that simple. But like most projects, the best results are achieved when you prepare and plan ahead.
Our Planning for Pregnancy guide is designed to help you get in the best possible shape for getting pregnant. It includes our invaluable pregnancy checklist and covers everything from your pre-pregnancy medical check up, budgeting for a new family member, and even ways to strengthen your relationship with your partner.
Will getting pregnant affect your relationship?
Working on your relationship may be the last thing you’re thinking about right now. After all, won’t getting pregnant automatically bring the 2 of you closer together? Unspoken expectations can lead to conflict later when you’re both sleep-deprived and dealing with the demands of a newborn baby. Now is the time to think about:
- Planning household chores
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Your working lives after baby arrives
- How you will cope financially
Huggies® is here to help you
The names Huggies is synonymous with nappies, as we’ve been the leader in our field for many years. We believe we are much more than just a nappy company. Each year numerous users come here for the latest information and advice on all things baby, starting with tips for getting pregnant.
We are proud of the products and services we offer parents and babies. Please read about our history, our people and check out our nappy range.