Keywords: vegetarian, toddler, carbs
This is another great Winter food recipe, excellent for hiding veggies in your kids food. Cut them up smaller for younger kids or blend for the lil ones!
- 500gms Potatoes
- 150gms vegetables – carrot, spinach, pumpkin/sweet potato
- 500gms plain flour (half wholemeal, half white)
- salt, pepper, parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and basil
- Pot of cooked pasta sauce or creamy white sauce.(I prefer a tomato sauce cooked with red meat. Choice is yours)
- Steam and mash all vegetables
- Add sifted flour, herbs and spices, and kneed until you get a sticky dough. Dough should be sticky but easy to manage.
- Cut dough into 5 portions. One portion at a time, roll out into long tails the thickness of your little finger. Cut into 2 – 3 cm pieces.
- Use a grater or fork to make an indentation in the centre of each piece. This allows for better cooking. You may need to add extra flour on the grater, fork, and fingers so that each piece doesn’t stick. Do this for the rest of the dough, and place pieces on a floured surface until ready to cook.
- Boil a large pot of water and add all the gnocchi in as quickly as possible. Gnocchi are ready once they rise to the surface of the water. Do a taste test – they should be soft and floury, and melt in your mouth. Strain immediately.
- Add sauce quickly to the gnocchi so that they don’t stick.
- Serve and enjoy.
- (Note: You can use mashed peas or any other vegetables of your choice, to replace the carrot, spinach etc)
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...