Toddler's Chicken Rice
Keywords: vegetarian, toddler, carbs
This meal is healthy, quick and incredibly delicious! A great and colourful way to get your fussy toddler to eat their vegetables.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Red capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Stick of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 Zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 Large tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 Skinless chicken thigh (chopped into
kiddie bite-size pieces)
- 1 Cup Cooked rice
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until transparent.
- Add garlic, capsicum, celery, carrot and zucchini and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until the chicken pieces are browned.
- Add tomato and rice, stir well.
- Add chicken stock, cover pan and simmer until stock has been absorbed and the ingredients are nice and moist.
- If you wish, add some freshly chopped parsley at the end and a bit of freshly cracked pepper.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...