Sushi is a great way to introduce your kids to new flavours and ingredients, they will love the bite sized pieces and the decorative elements of this dish.
- 400g chicken breast or thigh fillets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 sheets nori
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 tsp cornflour
1. Chop chicken into stripes and combine in a bowl with soy sauce and mirin.
2. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Heat a frying pan or grill and cook chicken in a little oil until completely cooked through.
4. Mix cornflour with a small amount of water and then stir through the chicken.
5. Allow chicken to cool until completely cold.
6. Mould rice into blocks
7. Cut nori into stripes
8. Place chicken on top, and wrap nori around to hold the chicken, wetting the ends so it sticks.
9. Serve with soy sauce
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...