Seed & Nuts Bites
Keywords: snack, healthy eating, toddler, lunch box
This snack is packed full of nutritional goodness! Substitute the nuts for pumpkin seeds to make it safer for the kids.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup cashew nuts (I mostly substitute these for pumpkin seeds to make it safer for the kids)
- 1 cup sultanas (may be substituted for dried apricots/prunes etc)
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger (purely optional)
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup honey (any type or Canadian maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat the first four ingredients one at a time in a frying pan (wok works best) until toasted & lighted browned.
- Mix with the sultanas (or other dried fruit) in a bowl.
- Melt butter, honey & brown sugar together in a saucepan. Mix well with seeds & fruit.
- Press into a pan so 2cms thick.
- When nearly cold, cut into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...