Keywords: family, parenting, protein
Thanks to Huggies member Anna for this super easy dinner idea. It’s a great way to use up leftover sausages after a weekend BBQ!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small leek
- sausage (any type, even frankfurter) chopped into small cubes – for vegetarian option use mushrooms
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small green capsicum
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- can of corn (can be whole or creamed)
- salt, pepper, sweet red paprika
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of sour cream
- grated cheese
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and leek, and fry in a large pan.
- Once they are soft add the sausage.
- Add chopped capsicums into the pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, corn, salt, pepper and sweet paprika to taste.
- Boil rice, when soft add rice to the pan and mix with all the ingredients. Move all the ingredients to an oven safe dish.
- To make the sauce: combine sour cream, egg and cheese in a bowl, pour on top of the rice, and bake for about 15 minutes (fan oven at 180 degrees).
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...