Pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and cheese pasta mix
Keywords: vegetarian, toddler, carbs, learning to Eat
This dish is packed full of delicious veggies that are great for your little one. Added cheese will melt into the hot veggies and add a nice touch of flavor to the meal.
- Half a Kent pumpkin
- Half a sweet potato
- One large carrot
- Two cubes of cheddar cheese
- Two handfuls of Short Angelhair pasta
- Get a medium-sized pot and fill it almost to the top with tap water, bringing it to a boil on the stove.
- While waiting for the water to boil, peel and slice the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot into whatever sizes you like, preferably smaller sizes so they boil and soften easier.
- Add the pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot to the boiling water and allow to boil for about 5-10 minutes. The pumpkin will soften first rather quickly and the carrot is often the last to soften.
- After 5-10 minutes, add the Short Angelhair pasta to the mix. Feel free to put in extra handfuls if you feel you should but two handfuls is usually enough.
- Keep an eye on the veggies until they have all softened. The pasta cooks rather quickly. Once the veggies are soft, drain the water from the pot, leaving the veggies and pasta inside. Mash the veggies and pasta together until they form a nice smooth mix.
- Lastly, using a fine grater, grate the cheese into the mix. The cheese will melt into the hot veggies and add a nice touch of flavor to the meal. Add more cheese if you like.
- Mix the veggies, pasta and cheese around until everything is mixed in nicely. Put it into a container and pop it into the fridge.
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...