Marvelous Microwave Fudge
Keywords: snack, kids party food, dessert, sweet treats
Make your very own fudge at home – just use the good old microwave! Perfect as a sweet treat for the kids, or as a little gift for teachers, neighbours, or relatives. Special thanks to Huggies mum Lynley for this recipe.
- 1 can full cream condensed milk
- 125g margarine
- 500ml castor sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Combine margarine and sugar in a large, deep, heat-resistant container. Add condensed milk – DO NOT STIR.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 ½ minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir well to combine all the melted ingredients.
- Microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH, stirring well every minute.
- When mixture is a light caramel colour, add vanilla essence and stir quickly.
- Pour into lightly greased, flat container to set. When slightly cooled, cut into squares.
- For a bit of variation, add25 ml sifted cocoa after adding the vanilla, or add cherries and/or nuts.
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...