Beef & vegetable skewers
Keywords: iron, toddler, protein
A quick and healthy dinner you can adapt for any aged child.
- 500g beef rump, trimmed of fat, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
- Toss beef and vegetables in oil. Thread onto 8 bamboo skewers (Cut off sharp ends with scissors after threading).
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or bbq. Cook skewers for 6-8 mins over medium heat, turning occasionally.
- Place skewers on a warm plate and loosely cover with foil. Rest the skewers for 5 mins.
Barbecued pumpkin, vegetable couscous and lemon wedges.
Blend 1 cube of beef (30g), 1 piece of zucchini (20g) and a slice of pumpkin (20g) with 1 tbsp of boiled water until smooth.
Pulse 2 (60g) cubes of beef in a blender with 1 tbsp of boiled water until partially smooth. With a fork mash 1 piece of zucchini (20g) and a slice of pumpkin (30g) into the meat puree.
Remove the meat and vegetables from 1 skewer and cut into small pieces, chop 2 slices of pumpkin and place in shallow bowl.
Remove meat and vegetables from the skewer. Add lettuce, carrot and cucumber ribbons and barbecued pumpkin. Serve with 2 tbsp of cous cous.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...