nutrition, pregnancy, parenting, diabetes
This is a great dish for pregnant and breast feeding Mums especially if your weight or gestational diabetes is an issue for you. Not only is it low GI, and lower calorie, its jam packed with all important nutrients. This dish serves as a great comfort food without making you feel bloated afterwards. Michelle.
20 min prep
45 min cook time
1. To make the meat mixture, lightly spray a frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium.
2. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the carrot, zucchini and celery and cook, covered, for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Increase the heat to high. Add the mince and cook for 1 minute, stirring to break up any lumps, or until it has changed colour.
5. Stir in the tomato, cumin, chilli and 3/4 cup water and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from heat, stir in the coriander
7. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C.(356 F.) Place the sweet potato in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water.
8. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Coarsely mash. Stir the Parmesan through.
9. Spread the meat mixture over the base of a 4-cup ovenproof dish, or 4 x (1 cup) capacity oven proof dishes. Spread the sweet potato over the meat mixture.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
This recipe is from Michelle Bridges
Michelle Bridges has over 120 simple, nutritious, and delicious recipes as part of her 12 Week Body Transformation.
Visit www.12wbt.com and find out why so many Mums love this program.