This recipe is more omelette than a true frittata, but is fast and easy, and a popular dish with children. Serves 4
- 40g butter (divided measure)
- 2 large zucchini, unpeeled but sliced finely
- 2 spring onions (white parts only), sliced finely
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 g feta cheese, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp grated cheese
- Melt half the butter in a non-stick grill-proof pan (wooden handles might char under the grill).
- Add the zucchini and spring onions to the butter and fry gently for about 5 minutes until the zucchini is soft.
- Preheat the grill.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and season. Use a fork to gently break the yolks and combine the eggs with the diced feta.
- Pour into the pan. Cook slowly, swirling the pan to move the eggs and cheese about.
- When the edge begins to set (about 3-4 minutes), top with the grated cheese and put the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Cut into wedges or quarters to serve.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...