Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
Decadent, delicious and delightful. These are the perfect way to describe the recipes we have for you when it comes to doing some baking with the kids. We’ve found some classic recipes that are “kid friendly” and we’ve highlighted the bits where they can “help” you out!
- 1 ½ cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped red glace cherries
- 1/3 chopped green cherries
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 250g copha (white vegetable shortening)
- Line a shallow tin with foil. (approx 30 x20)
- Place rice cereal, milk powder, icing sugar, coconut, glace cherries and sultanas in a large bowl and stir.
- Make a well in the centre
- Melt the shortening over a low heat and let it cool slightly.
- Add to the well in the centre.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are moistened
- Spoon into the tin and smooth down the surface.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Remove from the tin and carefully peel off the foil.
- Cut into small triangle to serve.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...