Steak with corn and cucumber salad
Keywords: breastfeeding, parenting, iron, protein
The perfect summer spin for your steak – a crunchy combo of corn, cucumber and lettuce gives this dish loads of fresh flavour. An excellent source of protein for breast-feeding mums.
- 4 pieces sirloin steak, fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp canola oil or oil spray
- 1 × 420g tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 telegraph cucumber, sliced thickly
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cos lettuce, washed and roughly chopped (small leaves can leave whole)
- Coat steaks in oil. Place in a preheated pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium (about 2cm thick) or until desired doneness.
- Rest in a warm place for 5 minutes whilst you prepare the salad.
- To make the salad, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with your favourite dressing or simply with lemon juice and olive oil.
Serve the steak with the salad and boiled potatoes wedges on the side.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...