Sheppard’s pie recipe can be a favourite for the whole family with the beef for iron intake and the fluffy mash on top, add a salad fro a great family meal too!
- 500g minced beef
- 7-8 good sized potatoes
- 125g tasty cheese
- 1 normal sized onion(optional)
- 1 whole carrot
- 1 580g jar of chunky tomato Dolmio pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees on bake
- Peel and cut potatoes, then boil for around 20minutes or until cooked.
- While your potatoes are cooking chop onion up until nicely diced, then fry the onion in a small amount of cooking oil or butter until lightly browned.
- Add minced beef to the pan fry the mince until cooked, add Dolmio sauce to the mince let the mince and sauce simmer for around 2 minutes.
- While the mince is simmering check potatoes and mash if they are cooked, chop the whole carrot up until diced to your liking.
- Mix carrot in with mince stir for 2 minutes.
- Then in a oven dish sized 30cm x 18cm x 5cm pour simmered mince and carrot in.
- Put mash pototoes on top of the mince until the mince is covered nicely with potatoe then grate cheese and sprinkle a thick layer of cheese over the top of the potatoe
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20mins or until cheese is melted. (sprinkle with parsley if you wish). Enjoy!
- Serves up to 4-5 people
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...