Pasta with roasted pumpkin, tomatoes and bacon
Keywords: family, parenting, protein
Stuck for dinner ideas? Look no further than this quick and easy pumpkin pasta!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 can pasta sauce
- 1 onion
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 200g bacon, chopped in small pieces
- 400g pasta (spaghetti or other)
- Preheat oven to 230C. In a roasting pan, pour in 2 tbsp oil and stir in pumpkin cubes. Toss to coat and roast quickly while making the sauce (about 20mins). Stir occasionally.
- Sauce: Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and cook the onion till soft. Add garlic and bacon, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, pasta sauce, sugar, pesto and season to taste.
- You can also add 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped, and some sliced zucchini- add this to sauce and simmer till cooked.
- Cook the pasta. Gently fold the roasted pumpkin into the sauce and toss through the pasta. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...