A simple but tasty introduction to Italian cooking for kids.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 6 oz of button or cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 60 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for at least 2 hours.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...