Keywords: family, parenting, winter
These risotto balls are a terrific finger-food option for parties. Special thanks to Huggies mum Laura for the recipe!
- 150g dried mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 20g grated parmesan
- 300g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 750ml vegetable stock (2 cubes)
- 16 mozzarella cubes
- 150g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 120g breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pan and cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the risotto rice and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the white wine.
- When the wine has absorbed, add some of the stock, stir and when the rice has absorbed the liquid, add more stock. Continue this process until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Set the risotto to one side to allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan of oil (for deep frying).
- Lightly fry the dried mushrooms for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Roll the risotto into a ball the size of a golf ball, then gently push some dried mushroom into the centre of the ball along with a mozzarella cube, then roll the ball in your hands until smooth.
- Coat the ball in the flour, then the egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Follow this process with the remaining risotto until you have made 16 balls.
- Deep fry the arancini for 5 minutes until golden brown and the breadcrumbs are crispy, then allow them to drain before serving.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...