Mumma L's - Bacon, Lentil and Vegetable soup!!
Keywords: nutrition, soup, comfort food, warming, winter food
This hearty soup is perfect for warming the soul on those cold winter nights. Not only is it quick to make and super nutritious, it’s also freezable too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, chopped coarsely
- 2 sticks celery, chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (200g) red lentils
- 1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; cook the onion, bacon, carrots, celery, and garlic over high heat until softened.
- Add the lentils, then stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, for about 15 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve soup with buttered toast, if desired. YUM!!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...