Liz's fruity weetbix slice
This high-fibre slice makes for a healthy treat for kids. Plus, it’s a great way to use up broken weetbix!
- 150g margarine – melted
- 5 x weetbix roughly crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit (I use 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup dried cranberries & 1/4 cup chopped apricots)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup choc chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, pour over melted margarine and mix well to combine.
- Press firmly into a slice tin, and cook at 180 degrees for 12-15 mins.
- Leave in tin until cold, turn out and cut.
- I cut it into 20 pieces, they are the perfect size for my school age children – my pre-schooler has 1/2 sized pieces.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...