Greek style chicken wraps
Keywords: pregnancy, quick healthy food, protein
This recipe is a big favourite at our place that can be made all year round. It can either be made up onto people’s individual plates or on large shared platters for people to help themselves.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- honey soy marinade (bought bottle is fine)
- 4 pieces of flat bread
- plain yoghurt
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- small tub of tabouli (home made is great but we are all busy mums now!)
- 1 lemon (cut in half, juice one half and slice the other half into 4 wedges)
- salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken thighs with the honey soy sauce all day (or for at least 30 min).
- Turn on your BBQ or griddle pan on the stove.
- Mix together yoghurt (allow approx 3 tblsp per person), crushed garlic and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the flat bread into quarters and wrap in foil. Put into a moderate oven for approx 10 min (if in a rush, forget the foil and zap in the microwave for 30-40 seconds after the chicken is cooked).
- Get 4 plates and on each plate put some tabouli, a lemon wedge, a few dobs of garlic yoghurt (if its runny maybe put it into small sauce dishes on each plate) and 4 pieces of heated flat bread.
- When the chicken is cooked through, slice it up and share across the four plates (or leave it on a large board for people to help themselves at the table). People can then make their own mini chicken wraps using the flat bread, some tabouli and grilled chicken, topped with garlic yoghurt. Pile it up high!
- Enjoy! (Oh and the lemon wedge is to squeeze onto the chicken – added freshness and zing!)
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...