Keywords: baking with kids
Spice up your next afternoon tea with this fabulous feijoa loaf. Special thanks to Huggies mum Rachel for this recipe!
- 6 feijoas approx (feel free to add more if you like, for extra flavour!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Scoop out the pulp of the feijoas and place in a saucepan.
- Add the 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water into the pan.
- Add the butter into the pan.
- Boil up until sugar and butter are dissolved.
- Take sauce pan off the stove and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 of a cup of raisins.
- Leave all in saucepan to cool down.
- Once cool, sift in 2 cups of plain flour.
- Add egg and 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Quickly mix everything together in the same saucepan, and then place mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 180* for approx 45 mins. keep an eye on it after the first 30 minutes as cooking times may vary based on your oven.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...