Easy Indian Chicken Curry
Keywords: family, healthy eating, protein, winter
Homemade curry doesn’t have to be time-consuming thanks to Easy Indian Chicken Curry! Special thanks to Huggies mum Remya for this fantastic recipe.
- 500g chicken, cleaned and cut
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1.5 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- curry leaves
- salt – to taste
- 2 tsp chilli powder (or as per your spice level)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp chicken masala
- Whole garam masala (2-3 cloves, cardamom, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf)
- Clean and cut chicken. Marinate with a quarter of the chilli powder, chicken masala, ginger garlic paste and keep aside for 30 mins. Pressure cook the marinated chicken, potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, a quarter of the sliced onions.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add whole garam masala, curry leaves and remaining onions. Once the onions are fried light brown, add remaining ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, chicken masala and salt. Fry till the spices lose their raw smell and the mixture turns a dark brown. Add chopped tomatoes and saute well until oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add cooked chicken (keeping aside the water in which the chicken was cooked), mix well for a few minutes till the chicken is well coated with the mixture. Add the water in which chicken was cooked and cook covered for 5-7 mins on medium heat. Remove the lid and cook on low flame for a few more mins till the gravy reaches the consistency that you desire.
- Serve hot with plain white rice, chappatis, appam, ghee rice or whatever it is that you enjoy a good chicken curry with the most.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...