Creamy coconut Ice
Keywords: parenting, baking with kids
We’ve found some classic recipes that are “kid friendly” and we’ve highlighted the bits where they can “help” you out! This is great time to let them help measure out and stir and mix and generally have fun with you as well.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 400g can of condensed milk
- 3 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2-3 drops pink food colouring
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper
- Sift the icing sugar and cream of tartar into a bowl
- Make a well and add the condensed milk
- Using a wooden spoon stir in half the coconut and then add the remaining coconut.
- Using your hands mix well.
- Divide the mix in half.
- Tint one half with the pink food colouring. Knead through thoroughly.
- Press the pink mixture over the base of the tin. (Handy hint, use gladwrap placed over the mix to help avoid it sticking to your fingers) Cover with the white mixture and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the tin, peel off the paper gently and cut into pieces.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...