Corn, tomato and avocado salad
In Australia, our warm climate means that many of us enjoy a Christmas lunch rather than a heavy evening meal. This light and healthy salad is the perfect accompaniment to your main meal, or as a side salad with left over roast turkey or ham on Boxing Day.
- 4 cobs of corn
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocadoes cut into chunks
- 4 spring onions
- ½ cup shredded basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- Microwave the corn with husks on for up to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Leave to cool for five minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and crumble into the salad bowl.
- Add in shredded basil, cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks and spring onion.
- Remove husks and silk from corn cobs and remove corn kernels using a sharp knife.
- Add to salad bowl.
- Toss in a tablespoon of olive oil and teaspoon of vinegar.
- Serve immediately
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...