The perfect finish for your dinner party menu, or perhaps just something sweet to enjoy all to yourself.
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream, plus extra whipped cream to serve
- Grated chocolate – to serve
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters for 5 minutes, or until mixture is pale, thick and doubled in volume. Fold in cooled chocolate until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until thickened (be careful not to over-beat). Use a large metal spoon to carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, trying to keep the mixture as light as possible. Spoon into 6 serving glasses and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving, then top with extra whipped cream and grated chocolate to serve.
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...