Chocload of choc mud cake
Keywords: baking with kids, kids party food, chocolate
For the ultimate chocolate cake, you can’t go past this recipe! Use up your leftover chocolates to decorate.
- 3/4 cup self raising flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 200g butter
- 100g cooking chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs coffee (powder)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 packets of M&M’s (your choice of flavour)
- 2 large blocks of Kit Kats
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush any shape cake pan with butter or spray grease.
- Line the bottom of tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the butter, chocolate, water, cocoa, coffee and vanilla essence in a saucepan.
- While over a low heat, whisk mixture (constantly) for 7 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- When removed from heat let it stand for 10 minutes or until mixture is no longer hot (lukewarm).
- Separately beat the sugar and eggs in a big mixing bowl until creamy. Whisk in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Then add the flour and whisk again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45- 50 minutes or until skewer comes out with sleigh crumbs attached.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- In medium bow, mix together icing sugar, milk, butter and cocoa, until well combined and thick.
- Spread choc icing all over the cake, including the sides.
- Cut Kit Kats in half, in rows of 2 and three.
- Place Kit Kats around the cake, pressing into the icing.
- Pour M&M’s onto the top of cake until covered!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...