Keywords: family, healthy eating, winter
This delicious curry is served great mixed with rice on a wrap for lunch the next day. Special thanks to Huggies mum Tammy for this recipe.
- 1 large can of chickpeas
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 can light coconut cream
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- Garlic pita bread or a wrap
- On medium heat combine olive oil, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric and paprika. Fry lightly.
- Add vegetable stock and tomatoes and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fry onion till soft. Add blender contents and sautee for 4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and coconut cream. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve on fresh rice with a garlic pita.
TIP: This recipe can also be used the slow cooker! Just add the blended tomato mixture, coconut cream and chickpeas into the slow cooker, give it a stir and cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Perfect!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...